Deja Vu? Deja U 2? I do.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

…but not as much as I used to in my younger days.  I remember having deja vu when I was a child and it seemed so clear…never lasted for more than a moment.  The occurence Deja vu led me to think that possibly our existence was all really happening at the same time…like past, present and future were all just occuring at the same time.  Which can be true in a sense.  Or that the nature of the universe was to bing-bang, expand, eventually collapse back in on itself then when matter condensed so tightly it would big-bang out again.  Hence everything that occured would occur again so I have previous experienced what I had experienced in deja vu. 

I recently read that deja vu is nothing more than a number of functions/processes which occur in our brain.  There are possibly up to 5 different causes for the perception of deja vu.  Not sure what the 5 are…I haven't read that chapter yet!

And many new views/ways of looking at the universe.  I hope someone figures it all out before I go mad!  ;D

#195567 Reply

Hey Paul I liked demon-eyed Paul better  ;D

#195568 Reply

this is the kinder and gentler Paul.  don't worry, there will be another full moon to change me back!  ;D

#195569 Reply
    justin

From what I can tell Deja Vu has something to do with cellular memory, or whole body memory… the experience of the organism as a whole, including the elements of experience we aren't consciously aware of. Without getting too spiritual and new age, it seems to me that Deja Vu occurs the most frequently when you are on the right path in your life, or when there is a life-changing event about to occur, and there are different paths you can choose to take. That is if you believe in the multiverse theory. Deja Vu is usually accompanied by flashes of dream recollections, and often the Deja Vu itself is a re-living of a dream. What people call Deja Vu seems like jung's collective unconsciousness or cosmic consciousness experiencing itself for a moment, or the mind temporarily grasping the paradoxical nature of time travel. Some consider Deja Vu and spontaneous dream recollection to be a kind of guidance.

The scientific explanations for Deja Vu I wouldn't recommend taking too seriously.

#195570 Reply
      Machi

simply, one's having deja vu when the matrix is being hacked  ;D

#195571 Reply

The scientific explanations for Deja Vu I wouldn't recommend taking too seriously.

why is that?

#195572 Reply
        justin

why is that?

it's unhealthy to take anything too seriously!

#195573 Reply

hmmm I've been having a lot of deja vu recently…

#195574 Reply

Just now I was painting the canvas piece for Sacred Earth, and as I stepped back to look at my progress, I experienced the most INTENSE deja vu. It was such a vivid, unmistakable feeling.  I knew I had seen this before, right down to the UV light and colors.

Crazy.  ;D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
        Reply To: Deja Vu? Deja U 2? I do.
        Your information:

To top