- This topic is empty.
This is the simplest explanation of Indigo kids I have seen yet. This describes our children to a T.
What is an indigo Child?
As a summary, here are the ten attributes that best describe this new kind of child, the Indigo Child
* They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)
* They have a feeling of “deserving to be here,” and are surprised when others don't share that.
* Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents “who they are.”
* They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
* They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
* They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
* They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like “system busters” (nonconforming to any system).
* They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
* They will not respond to “guilt” discipline (“Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did”).
* They are not shy in letting you know what they need.
and… just in case you heard otherwise from other “indigo” sources, the designated word “Indigo” has nothing to do with the color of an aura! It is the result of scientific observations by a woman who has the brain disorder called synesthesia.
Crystal Children are pretty interesting as well. Many people have been working to aid both..
Here is my critique of some interpretations of the Indigo's, and hope not to offend anyone but I would like to hear your take:
There is a New Age tendency to describe them as “more evolved”, a new species of human that is better suited to solving the problems of our current age. I disagree.
But what I see (and Indigo describes our daughters to a T) are children severely stressed and formed by:
– worst divorce epidemic in U.S. history
– first generation of Americans raised in complete information overload
– first generation raised with computers, and now, the Internet
– first generation with universal information access, and exposure to bewildering post-modernism and cultural relativism
– first generation of Americans raised in a civilization that has become arguably imperial yet institutionally weaker than ever before
– more choices than ever, in every way
I don't think these kids are more evolved. There is no need to resort to New Age “explanations.” I just think they are human beings reacting to a tangibly rapid pace of cultural mutation, complete lack of stable cultural reference points, and information/choice overload.
IMHO more and more kids are fucked up, especially here in US.