Karmaclysm 2011

Forums Events Event Reviews & Past Events Karmaclysm 2011

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

OMFG Chilluminati… my life has been changed forever thanks to Karmaclysm 2011.

Thank you very much for all that you have done for the world! (and thanks also to everyone else who contributed to the event in other ways!)

Much love to all of ya,

-Abe

#246389 Reply

So I'm trying to ID the guy who was playing the psychedelic worldmusic/psystep that played the outdoor stage right before suit and tie guy, it definitely was not the ambient music person listed as drachemusic, the person looked like a “hippy” he had thick dreaded hair, was gluten free, and did not have himself surrounded by synths, as the picture for drachemusic shows, definitely not a shaved head and sunglasses kinda guy. so the listing shows dRachEmusik from 8-9, before S&TG, but it wasn't him… so I'm confused… that freakin worldmusic got me high as shit, I love that stuff… I again did the best poi spinning i ever have to his music, much like that happened to me during Amritaji's set at sunrise at Sacred this last spring… someone help me!

#246390 Reply

+++

-jagno gaia / aerosis

-solar fields, h.u.v.a., & aes dana ‘s sets were all very solid, altho at times i was yearning for some mystical goa or spankin” funky fresh psytrance in those peak hours…

-whoever played the few trax from glowing flame comps that i heard

-thanks aktif for playing *tasteful* darkpsy ! (& I don”t just mean the ‘super minimal” stuff 😉 )

-overall positive, open, comfortable, respectful vibe

– i”ve seen VJ”s make some truly horrible choices, so i tend not to pay much attention to those screens…  but here, everything that i happened to see was aesthetically appealing, & often organic.

-attractive location.  …& the presence of those well-seasoned bikers was an amusing touch 😉

-clean bathrooms

-the heavy rotation of ‘trauma trance” at the indoor stage. an older woman who presumably worked at the venue accurately remarked that it sounded like “a bunch of tennis shoes in a dryer”. it has all the sonic nuance, subtlety, & allure of a nailgun firing @ 172 bpm, & , imho, is not in any way 'psychedelic'. more like 'crapadelic'.

-the drummer from mudvayne was truly AWFUL, & did his utmost to destroy focus & balance.  nobody with whom i spoke had a kind word for that utter trainwreck.

i didn”t attend ‘sacred earth 2011″ but a couple of my friends did,  & they affirmed that the music was of unusually consistently good quality compared to the more typical uneven psyfest with its gems & junk – like karmaclysm.

well i hope that didn't sound overly harsh 😉 because i'm super grateful for all the hard work, time & energy that made this event happen – & i definitely feel that its net effect was positive, & even healing for many people ! <3

#246391 Reply
    Ascension
    Keymaster

Hehe the trauma trance was there because we wanted to focus on the chill headliners :).

#246392 Reply
    Machi

Hehe the trauma trance was there because we wanted to focus on the chill headliners :).

i would call it a full success, I've never danced so little at any other psy event…

#246393 Reply
    soospicy

-the heavy rotation of ‘trauma trance” at the indoor stage. an older woman who presumably worked at the venue accurately remarked that it sounded like “a bunch of tennis shoes in a dryer”. it has all the sonic nuance, subtlety, & allure of a nailgun firing @ 172 bpm, & , imho, is not in any way 'psychedelic'. more like 'crapadelic'.

hahaha, definitely not for everyone.

also the fact that the sound system was tuned EXTREMELY sub heavy did not help one bit. you could hardly make out the mids/highs over the sub bass.

#246394 Reply

Some people love blu' cheese….Some think it smells/tastes like feet….

Durian is a delicacy to many…yet some say it's the most foulest thing in the universe…

….apply previous concepts to psychedelic trance…

bonapattite!!

@ blue lunar night….Thanks for listening!

#246395 Reply
    Machi

i love smelly cheeses esp. blue ones…

#246396 Reply

pics anyone?

#246397 Reply

I love dark psy, and I've had similar experiences in the shed at recent NCN events. Somehow, the mids and highs get very lost.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Karmaclysm 2011
Your information:

To top